Next, I used matte Mod Podge to glue foil onto the edges of the letters. I wasn't too worried about keeping the foil smooth because it was almost impossible with the tight curves. Once the edges were covered, I Mod Podged on the front piece that I had cut out previously. After that I applied a coat of Mod Podge over the entire letter to seal it in and give it more of a matte finish. The final step was to dry brush on a little black craft paint. I barely dipped the brush into the paint and wiped it along the edges and down the front.
I love how they turned out! Ironically, I'm not sure I actually like them in the kitchen anymore. I think they look really nice in the dining room where these pictures were taken. I guess I can always buy new white letters from Michael's to replace them, or come up with a new project idea for that space... yeah, it'll probably be option two. :)
Linking up to...
Blue Cricket Design Primp Remodelaholic